Support Your Healing Journey with Aromatherapy
Essential oils have been used for centuries to induce healing and wellness (Aromatherapy). I personally recommend and use Young Living Essential oils. Young Living essential oils are sourced from nature and are extracted naturally from seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants. Each part has a volatile aromatic compound which allows the scent to quickly move through the air and interact with the sensors in the nose, otherwise known as Aromatherapy. The compounds that are present in the essential oil determine the oil’s aroma and its benefits.
There are three ways to use Young Living essential oils for Aromatherapy:
Young Living Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors in the nose which have a direct link to the limbic system. The limbic system is part of the brain that supports a variety of functions including smell, emotions, behaviour and memory.
Young Living essential oils have different properties which means they will support you in different ways. Eg. Calming or uplifting.
Aromatherapy uses for Young Living essential oils:
- A diffuser which uses cold air or water to disperse the Young Living essential oils
- Place a couple of drops in your hand, cup them and inhale
- Mix oils in a spray bottle and spray over furniture, carpet or clothes
- Add oils to the washing for a fresh smell
- Use in cleaning
- Place a drop on your pillow at night to help you sleep
- Place some on your clothes to smell throughout the day
Young Living essential oils can be used as aromatherapy on the skin and will easily penetrate to become absorbed into the body. It is advisable to use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil to dilute the Young Living essential oil so that likelihood of skin sensitivity is decreased. You can use Young Living essential oils throughout the day.
Effective areas you can apply Young Living essential oils for Aromatherapy:
- Soles of the feet
Topical Aromatherapy uses for Young Living essential oils:
- Add to a bath
- Mix with your moisturiser and apply to your skin
- Use as a natural perfume – instead of chemical laden store-bought ones
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a towel and adding Young Living essential oils and apply to the desired area.
Some Young Living essential oils can be used in cooking and as an aid to support your diet. When ingested, Young Living essential oils enter the blood stream and are then transported throughout the rest of the body. Each of the ingestible Young Living essential oils have a unique set of biochemical properties that react with cells and organs in different ways. Proper dosing according to labeling recommendations and other professional guidelines should be strictly followed to avoid toxicity.
Internal Aromatherapy uses for Young Living essential oils:
- Use Young Living essential oils in recipes for cooking to replace herbs and spices (start by using a small amount because the oils are more potent than dried or fresh herbs and spices. For more potent oils, use a tootpick and dip the end in the oil to add to the food rather than adding drops)
- Add Young Living essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea and other drinks
- Take Young Living essential oils in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yoghurt